The AI industry has been gaining a lot of traction in the market today and for good reasons! There have been a lot of companies and businesses that are utilizing AI to further improve their processes, services, and even products. There are a lot of things you can do with AI and our team at Techunting is here to guide you throughout the process.
Founded in 2015, our company has been providing incredible services to our clients! As a matter of fact, we’ve been recently named one of the most-reviewed AI developers in Argentina. We are ecstatic and proud to be featured on The Manifest’s platform. This award means a lot to us and we are grateful for the opportunity to showcase our team’s abilities and accomplishments on a global scale.
The Manifest, in case you don’t know, is a company listing platform that aims to gather and verify the hard data, expert insights, and actionable advice that you need to build your brand and grow your business – to provide the practical business wisdom that manifests in your success.
Lastly, we would like to say our thank you to our clients and partners for their amazing support! Thank you for turning this award into reality. You guys played a vital role in our success and for that, we are truly grateful for all of your support.
Thank you for your interest in Techunting. Drop us a line and we will come back to you to ask a few questions to get to know you and your requirements better.
Contact them to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Today, large companies face increasingly complex challenges in a highly competitive business environment. To stay ahead, it is crucial to adopt innovative methodologies and approaches that drive efficiency and value delivery. In this sense, the implementation of DevOps practices has become a fundamental strategy to achieve greater collaboration, quality and agility in development teams. This article will look at the need to implement DevOps, highlighting its benefits, challenges, and how it affects bottom line.
I. What is DevOps and why is it relevant?
DevOps is a culture, philosophy, and set of practices that integrates software development (Dev) with IT operations (Ops), promoting collaboration and automation at all stages of an application’s lifecycle. For example, in large companies, where systems and applications are complex and constantly evolving, DevOps adoption becomes essential for the following reasons:
- Faster delivery speed: DevOps enables continuous software delivery, accelerating release times by automating repetitive tasks and streamlining development and deployment processes.
- Improved software quality: By fostering collaboration between development and operations teams, DevOps helps identify and fix problems early, which translates into higher software quality and reduced bugs in production.
- Greater agility and flexibility: DevOps provides the ability to respond quickly to market changes and demands, allowing large companies to more efficiently adapt to new opportunities and challenges.
II. Advantages of implementing DevOps practices
Implementing DevOps practices brings a number of significant benefits:
- Improved Collaboration and Communication: DevOps fosters collaboration among multidisciplinary teams, breaking down the barriers between development, operations, and other departments. This creates a more collaborative work environment that is conducive to innovation.
- Automation of processes: DevOps promotes the automation of manual and repetitive tasks, which reduces the risk of human errors and frees up time for higher value-added tasks. Automation also allows for faster and more frequent delivery of software.
- Increased stability and reliability: DevOps implementation involves continuous testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices, ensuring greater stability and reliability in systems and applications.
- Cost reduction: DevOps helps optimize resources and reduce costs associated with software development and operation. The automation of processes and the early detection of problems minimize the expenses derived from errors and delays.
III. Challenges when implementing DevOps practices
Despite the benefits that DevOps offers, its implementation can face particular challenges:
- Resistance to change: The adoption of a new culture and work methodology can be met with resistance from existing teams and organizational structures. Properly managing change and providing adequate training and support to employees is critical.
- Complexity and scalability: Large companies often have highly complex and distributed systems and applications, which can make it difficult to implement and scale DevOps practices. Infrastructure and processes need to be carefully planned and adapted to ensure a successful transition.
- Integration of tools and technologies: The integration of heterogeneous tools and technologies can be a challenge when implementing DevOps. Careful evaluation and selection of tools that integrate effectively with existing systems are required.
IV. Impact on earnings and motivation
The successful implementation of DevOps can have a significant impact on profit. Some of the direct and indirect economic benefits include:
- Increased operational efficiency: DevOps reduces development times, disruptions, and costs associated with errors in production, resulting in greater operational efficiency and optimal use of resources.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Continuous delivery of high-quality software and rapid responsiveness to customer needs lead to increased customer satisfaction and retention, which translates into increased revenue.
- Competitive Advantage: Implementing DevOps enables large companies to innovate faster and bring new products and services to market in an agile manner, which can provide a significant competitive advantage.
The implementation of DevOps practices is a prevailing need.
Artificial intelligence has revolutionized many industries across the globe. From self-driving cars to chatbots, the technology has many different uses. Here at Techunting, we’ve found a way to maximize the technology in order to help companies find the best talents for their projects and needs. Since 2015, we’ve offered world-class staff augmentation, outsourcing, and recruiting services.
Our forward-thinking approach is what helped us establish ourselves on independent B2B resources like Clutch, a B2B review and rating website from Washington DC. For further context, the platform is designed to showcase the top service providers across the IT, marketing, design, and business services spaces.
According to Clutch, Techunting is among the game-changing AI development companies. Our innovative AI solutions and the support of our clients helped us earn this esteemed rank. In recent months, we’ve steadily climbed the rankings because of the reviews we’ve received, helping us highlight the quality of our work and dedication.
“I had never seen that kind of commitment. With other companies I worked for in the past, they delivered the resource and forgot and didn’t take care of the project, being the “client’s problem” to achieve the goals, not theirs. That didn´t happen with Techunting LLC. Definitely, I´m going to work again with this company.” — Portfolio Manager, IT Services Consulting Company
“Their speed and really being down to earth was impressive. They don’t overdo it. They listen to what you need and deliver on time and on budget.” — Marketing & Social Media Manager, Education Platform
“They were very personable and easy to do business with. They were able to identify and recruit per our guideline.” — Principal Recruiter, H.T. PROF Executive Search
In honor of this rank, we’d like to express our sincerest gratitude to all of our incredible clients. Thank you so much to everyone who believes in Techunting! We appreciate the support and trust you have in us through the highs and lows.
Connect with the top talents around the world with Techunting! Connect with us and let us know more about what projects you have in mind. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Impact of AI on US and European Companies
The impact of AI on the American and European business environment has been significant in most spaces. In recent years, the improvements this technology has facilitated are remarkably verifiable in management indicators.
Ultimately, companies must continually transform with technology and approach it with clear policies and regulations. But, of course, the maximum use of the potential of AI should not neglect the incidences it may have on the systems.
Data management and business analysis as a focus of the impact of AI
Today, the areas of the most significant impact of AI in the business arena in the United States and Europe are well identified.
● Improves operational efficiency. The automation of processes and tasks has improved efficiency and reduced human errors.
● Optimizes decision-making. The greater analytical capacity of data and patterns has allowed the generation of more informed and precise guidelines.
● Improve customer experience. Personalized customer service is one of the aspects with the most significant improvement thanks to intelligent interactive tools.
● New business models. Business opportunities and revenue models are best addressed through pattern identification and trend prediction.
● Evolution of the labor market. AI has been generating new employment opportunities in areas related to the development and operation of its technology.
AI has increased companies’ productivity through analytical and management improvement.
What do analysts say about the trend of AI in the enterprise system?
Since its application, analysts have closely followed the effectiveness of AI in the global business system.
● According to Accenture, AI could increase labor productivity by 40% by 2035.
● Deloitte found that using AI in the manufacturing industry could increase labor productivity by 10-20%.
● Forrester says that using AI in financial services could reduce operating costs by 22%.
● PwC claims that using AI in the retail industry could increase labor productivity by 30%.
● McKinsey & Company found that using AI in the healthcare industry could increase operational efficiency by 60%.
As well as these several studies support the fact that AI has improved business efficiency and productivity in various industries.
Tech companies at the forefront of AI adoption
Regarding the impact of AI in the business sector, the companies in the technology sector have benefited the most. The favorable results between this technology and the nature of these businesses influence this trend. Some of the benefits obtained are the following:
● Accessibility to financial and human resources.
● Favorable regulatory environment.
● Emphasis on innovation.
● Competitive maintenance in a global market.
With the continued development and advancement of AI, it is recommended that companies adapt to this technology. We can help and advise you in this adaptive process, contact us, and don’t put it off any longer.
Remote Staff Augmentation is a recruitment method applied to various categories of companies, such as IT. And among its main benefits, it allows you to improve the diversity and inclusion of your workforce.
Remote Staff Augmentation and Corporate Diversity
Thanks to remote Staff Augmentation, you can temporarily outsource a diversity of specialists with multiple skills. This is useful if you have openings that do not require permanent employees. In addition, because the hiring process is remote, professionals may have different cultures, talents, goals, etc.
Influence of remote Staff Augmentation on business inclusion
Outsourcing staff remotely also encourages planning for sound business practices. For example, it is common for companies to make an organizational effort so that contracted specialists are socially accepted. This way, the corporate environment will be more optimal, and the work teams will become more productive.
Optimization of the scalability of corporate projects
Outsourcing professionals remotely has multiple benefits, such as increasing the scalability of projects. As this occurs, professionals work more productively, saving time and being socially accepted. And added to this benefit, companies can meet their objectives faster.
Increased quality of organizational leadership
When remote staff augmentation is implemented, the quality of organizational leadership is also raised. This is due to the experience and talents of the outsourced professionals. In this way, leaders can analyze the capabilities of the members of a work team. Likewise, they can identify strengths to enhance them, committing to inclusion and diversity.
Apply Staff Augmentation and improve diversity and inclusion
We have extensive experience in the IT sector and offer you excellent solutions to maximize corporate performance. In this way, you can improve diversity and labor inclusion to comply with the organizational values of your company. This is the ideal way to increase security and trust among the members of a work team.
We provide solutions so that remote subcontracting is simple and adjusts to your company’s needs. Contact us, and we will gladly express our recommendations and support you in applying the Staff Augmentation.
Daily standup meetings are a keystone of the scrum methodology. They can help team members address roadblocks and resolve them, strengthen the team’s shared goals, save time, promote transparency, and ensure that everyone is accountable. Overall, it’s a great resource to improve the team flow, measure and speed up processes, and promote trust.
1. Keep it short
One of the defining characteristics of daily standup meetings is that they should be short, preferably under 15 minutes. If the meeting has too many members, most likely, people are straying away from the main topic, or you are discussing things that are not relevant to a daily scrum meeting.
If you have daily scrums with more than 15 members, they have 1 minute each to speak, which might be cutting it a bit short. As a team, you may want to reconsider whether having so many people is fruitful or if maybe it would be better to have smaller, more specific meetings between members. If that’s not the case, just make sure to make transitions quick and the updates to the point.
2. Limit the topics of discussions
As we mentioned before, briefness and relevancy are essential to effective and productive daily standings. When members go off topic and discuss subjects that are not relevant to all members and can easily be addressed separately, people not involved in the task can lose focus and interest in what’s being discussed.
Keep it simple. Don’t discuss what you did yesterday and what you will be doing, but rather what you accomplished and what will be accomplished regarding the product or service you are working on.
3. Update the backlog
It’s hard not to get caught up in the number of hours you have left of the sprint to take on other tasks, so instead, focus on the task at hand and any issues you may be experiencing. Make it more qualitative and assess your progress. Don’t let the hours become the focus of the meeting or the role of the Scrum Master.
4. In the beginning, it’s all about trial and error
If you are just starting with daily standup meetings, you will need to make adjustments along the way. In theory, everything looks great, but when you begin conducting them, you may need to adjust the style of the meeting. If people are getting off-topic, you may want to focus on specific tasks on the board instead of letting each individual discuss their tasks freely.
5. Don’t try to fix what already works
Building and maintaining a routine can help increase efficiency. For this reason, you always need to start at the same time, regardless of whether everyone is there already, and use the format that best suits the team.
However, consistency may not be the best answer if you are experiencing issues: people get bored, skip the meeting, and don’t make it on time. If the daily standup is not going the way you expect, you might need to change it up. Try changing the order, analyze backlog items instead of going person by person, and switch the scrum master until everyone is more comfortable –there isn’t one proven way that works for every team.
6. Make sure the information is relevant to everyone
To encourage attendance and engagement and keep your daily scrum short, ensure the information is relevant to everyone participating. If the way a roadblock was resolved is useful for the whole team, ask the person to briefly address the issue in the next meeting.
The topics discussed need to be pertinent and help others with their tasks, otherwise it might be best to hold a separate meeting and discuss the specifics.
7. Follow up without focusing on solving specific issues
Having everyone meet at a specific time can be tempting, and you might want to start a brainstorming session to find creative ways to solve particular issues, but daily standup meetings have a clear purpose, and that’s not it.
Yes, it’s good to follow up on issues presented the day before, but you don’t want to spend an hour or two discussing potential solutions. If the person is struggling to find an answer, set up a separate meeting to go over the roadblocks and brainstorm.
Worksheets can sometimes present even more roadblocks than solutions, and the daily standup process can be more intricate. Several other tools can help, and you can even automate the entire process.
Using project management software like Jira or Trello can simplify tracking tasks per collaborator and quickly start new sprints, making your daily standup meetings more efficient.
Stand-Bot is an automation tool that gathers the status of each teammate’s tasks and blockers through Slack and shares it with everyone. This way, you can get a quick update without ever meeting. You get all the benefits without having to affect the day-to-day of others.
Sup can be easily integrated with Slack and ask surveys to your collaborators to learn more about them and how useful they find daily standup meetings. You can ask questions and save them as templates to create follow-ups, generate sprint check-ins throughout the day, and set up reminders for standups to make sure everyone attends.
Other useful tools to make your daily scrums more efficient are Agile Retrospectives and Scrum Poker (Jira & Confluence), Freshdesk, and Freshservice (Trello).
According to Scrum, standup questions should focus on tasks completed since the last meeting, tasks that will be tackled during the day of the meeting, and any roadblocks or issues that may affect progress.
However, other scrum questions can help you learn more about your collaborators, such as:
- How confident are you that you will get “it” done? – This question essentially rephrases the one mentioned before about issues. Still, it can give a clearer picture of the ability of that specific person to solve the problem ahead without any help and adjust the timeline if necessary.
- What tasks are remaining from yesterday? – Although this is not a traditional question, it can help follow up with older tasks and ensure everything is flowing correctly. It’s also a great way of getting insight into how other collaborators are performing.
- What is the workload? – This question can give insight into the team mood and task progress.
- How is your mood today? – Although this question is not for every meeting, it can help gauge the team’s morale and implement additional motivators.
Although some scrum questions are considered basics, ask yourself whether there may be more accurate ones you should be asking or questions that may be specific to your industry. For example, if you have writers and content editors, you might want to ask about the number of articles left or the number of words written or reviewed yesterday.
The agile methodology offers a wide array of benefits for teams, especially in software development, and one that nearshore has adopted and applied successfully for a while now. If you are interested in joining our team, visit our career section.